the newest fashion statement, horizontal corded pants. The seersucker
cords go around the body, rather than up and down, to keep you
Tips For Plus Size Men
- Socks should match your trousers, not your
shoes, and may be a shade darker than the trousers.
- The dressier the occasion the darker the sock color and the longer
the stock (usually over-the-calf).
- With more casual styles you should still match the sock to your pants
color but you can be more liberal with the color of sock and the pattern.
- Do not wear a dress sock with a casual outfit!
- For sports the athletic socks are usually white cotton, although
some incorporate high tech fabrics to help wick away moisture. They
or mid-calf length but may be ankle length.
- A plaid tie will make you look wider while a plain tie or one with
a small pattern will make you look thinner.
- Stand up tall, stomach in, shoulders back, to add to the illusion
of thinness, not to mention confidence.
- Heavier fabrics
(Tweed, flannel, bulky sweaters)give the impression of a heavier
body while light to medium weight fabrics (cotton,
twill, linen) visually remove pounds.
- Wear clothes that are not too tight or too loose clothes
because these add pounds.
- Wear solid colors, preferably in the same color range, from head
- Avoid stiff fabrics and nubby textures.
- Wear darker tones in smooth fabrics with flat finishes.
- Limit stripes to very fine, subdued, and close-together versions.
- Wear trousers at the natural waist (never below).
- Wear suspenders with button loops, never clips.
- Be sure your tie touches the waistband and that it is medium in width.
- Avoid busy patterns.
- Wear vertical stripes.
- Avoid elastic bottoms on sweaters, and jackets, which can cause the
material to bunch up at the waist and make you
- Cool colors (green, blue, violet) are calming and unassuming and
they appear to recede, which is good for heavier figures.
- Remember the rule of "Two Plains and One Fancy" for your
suit, shirt and tie.
- Look thinner with a repp or regimental tie -
the slanting stripes help to visually reduce weight in the face by
drawing the eye downward.
- If you’re trying to look slim, save the bright colors for accents.
With a gray or navy suit a red or yellow tie will draw favorable attention
to your face.
- Short or heavy men look great in suits since the matching top
and bottom produce a “taller, thinner” image.
say to reduce debt and simplify
your life, use debt consolidation,
and now is the best time
to do it with lower interest rates. CLICK